Putin Says US Imperial Footprint Unmatched: 'Draw a Map and See'

June 9, 2015 by element115
"U.S. military spending is higher than that of all countries in the world taken together," Putin said. "The aggregate military spending of NATO countries is 10 times, note—10 times higher than that of the Russian Federation."

"I invite you to publish the world map in your newspaper and to mark all the U.S. military bases on it," Putin continued. "You will see the difference."

...from the comments section:

Ye Gods!
*I remember when Russia was our ally and friend in WW-II.
* I remember when suddenly Russia was the enemy.
* I remember when the US encircled China and the CCCP with bases.
* I remember all the brinksmanship, the enormous buildup of arms and missiles to "combat the 'Communist Threat'."
* I remember the dissolution of the CCCP, and the world breathing a sigh of relief for finally "peace in our time."
* I remember the panic amongst the arms merchants and the Legislature over the loss of profits because there was no threat.
* I remember the black op of 911 and the huge buildup of arms and fear and surveillance to curtail the "Muslim Threat."
* Now, with the most powerful Wehrmacht the world has ever seen, the US is starting the Cold War all over again to keep those arms profits coming in. Now, we are pouring trillions into building more nuclear weapons.
* Now the US is so poor it cannot help its own people. Hunger, fear, police brutality, homelessness are making the usually docile people a bit restive, so the Police State grows as the fears grow amongst the 0.001%.
* I'm sure glad I am an old man. Couldn't live through this cycle again, but I sure feel sorry for the youth of this nation, the youth of the world.

by minitrue
Posted in | 0 Comments »

0 comments:

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive